ND Winter Anglers Reminded of New Regulations
- The statewide possession limit for bluegill, yellow perch and white bass has been reduced from 80 to 40 each.
- Sweet Briar Dam and Braun Lake are now open to darkhouse spearfishing, while Larimore Dam and Wood Lake are closed to darkhouse spearers.
- Materials used to mark holes must be in possession of anglers and spearers as soon as a hole greater than 10 inches in diameter is made in the ice. In the past, anglers could search for materials used for markers after making holes.
- Fishing poles must be easily visible and within a maximum distance of 150 feet of a participating angler.
- All unoccupied fish houses must be removed from all waters after midnight March 15.
- North Dakota residents can fish for free during a free fishing weekend Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
North Dakota anglers are encouraged to refer to the 2016-18 North Dakota Fishing Guide or the State Game and Fish Department’s website for winter fishing regulations.
In addition, anglers can visit the Game and Fish website, gf.nd.gov, for an extensive list of fishing questions and answers.